An end to procrastination
Over the summer, I’ve spent a large part of my time making plans for my personal projects (pX in particular), yet I’ve done very little in actually following those plans. That seems to be my style. (Remember all my promises of posting about my mission trips?)
Over the past week, though, I’ve managed to get moving on some of my projects, now that the my Summer of Code project is winding down (the deadline is the 1st, lest I forget). I’ve just finished extending Planet so that you can specify which category of blogs to display for each individual page on Planet Xavier. Previously, Planet had no understanding of categories, so I’m thrilled to have completed this task, since it means that I can now easily separate the alumni blogs from the others at pX.
Assuming, of course, that it all works. I’ve already made a clone of the main entry listing, and I’ll be testing my modifications tonight, so that most people will (presumably) be in bed in case something goes horribly awry – such as those pesky Xanga or MySpace entries creeping up to the top again. In the morning, then, all you freshman and sophomores will no longer see all those alumni posts that you never cared about. Hopefully, that is. If it turns out okay, I’ll generalize the code and contribute it to the Planet codebase.
In the meantime, Six Apart has just released Movable Type 3.2, so I’m going to start working on transitioning to the new version. That way, I can actually make some progress on St. Columban’s redesign.