Were you fooled?
Were you fooled by yesterday’s front page (a parody of DJ’s site)? Yes or yes? I didn’t feel like putting that page up in time for April Fool’s Day, because everyone does something to their website for April Fool’s, so you’d be expecting it.
Anyhow, for a whole lot of better pranks, you’ll definitely want to see the Top 100 April Fool’s Day Hoaxes of All Time. My favorites are:
- San Serriffe, 1977
- Taco Liberty Bell, 1996
- Instant Color TV
- Isaac Bickerstaff’s Predictions
- Sydney Iceberg
- Arm the Homeless Coalition
- Big Ben Goes Digital, 1980
- Twenty-Six–Day Marathon
- Euro Anthem (scroll down), 1999
- Internet Spring Cleaning, 1997, a type of prank known popularly at MIT as a “hack.”
As of Monday the 5th, the prank has been moved, and the normal front page is back. Thanks to all who were honestly fooled by it.