Well, MusicFest 2003, the last “play day” of the school year, has come and gone. Some little tidbits:
- The Blueprint published and distributed a special issue today. On it was today’s weather report. I have never seen a newspaper — scholar or professional — that relied on Paintbrush (Windows-only link) to deliver a picture for the weather report. The worst part is that Paul Whitlatch, the Editor-in-Chief, gave himself credit for the picture, which heavily used the Airbrush tool.
- Harrison and the others set up a grill outside, and finished cooking and eating before I even got there. So I went to the cafeteria and made myself a couple Chicago-style hotdogs. Mmmmm-mmmmm! (Pickles count for relish, right?)
- I taught or re-taught a bunch of people how to play Mancala — the real Mancala, not Oware in general.
- Harrison finally took the picture for the Quiz Team. It’ll go in the school yearbook.
- James brought in his Stormtrooper armor today.
And for all those who are envious of our “play day,” we were partially rained out. It was kinda funny seeing everyone scrambling to put away the grills they brought to make their lunches. Mass Exodus.