One and zero tenths
As Brad asked, “What’s different about this version?” Read on for a list of major improvements since Brad’s probable last download…
And, yes Brad, I’m good at advertising my site, Firefox, and Wikipedia. Deal with it! Make the switch!
(This list is by no means exhaustive – there’s lots more, lots more.)
- Automatically downloads popular plugins for you, with just a click of your left mouse button – no need to download an installer anymore!
- Official builds are now available in 14 languages, so you can navegar el red en pestañas.
- An easy way to tell if you’re looking at a phishing attempt.
- A new FastFind toolbar, which lets you easily do page text searches across tabs (and highlights your search results, too).
- Live Bookmarks, which appear as folders with dynamically updated information. For example, a Minh’s Notes Live Bookmark (click on the orange icon at the bottom-right of your Firefox window) would automatically update with the latest entries here.
- Password Manager can display your saved passwords, in case you forgot them.
- Blocked popups can be viewed via a special menu. There’s no need to “Temporarily Allow Popups” like in IE.
- A new update feature that’ll automatically update your extensions and themes, and can tell you when your copy of Firefox is out of date.
- Site icons (favicons) work beautifully now: Firefox remembers them for good now, for instance.
- A stylesheet switcher, so you can switch designs for many websites. (At participating websites only. Void where prohibited. CA 5¢ refund does not apply.)
- New default Winstripe theme. To me it looks a lot better than the old default, Qute, which I still consider garrish.
- Firefox will now automatically import all your IE info, like Favorites, cookies, history, passwords, form data, and some preferences. It will not import any adware/spyware thank goodness.
- New Theme Manager and Extension Manager, which provide much easier ways to install and uninstall themes and extensions, and provides a lot more information about them.
- A new Help browser.
- You can now Copy Image and Set as Wallpaper like in IE.
- A smaller download (now 4.7 MiB).
Features list adapted from Jesse Ruderman’s Unofficial Changelogs.