Glass half full (minus a smidgin)
- Fearing Crime, Japanese Wear the Hiding Place. Japan’s (unconvincing) answer to the TARDIS. 
- California. Microsoft’s (unconvincing) answer to Apple packaging.
- Videos of people using assistive technology. Unbelievable. 
- Reaganomics Finally Trickles Down To Area Man. Believable.
- Administrators Draft Guidelines For Responsible, Safe Hacking. It was inevitable, but I find it amazing that such a cool MIT tradition has lasted so long without much in the way of written rules. (Note that hacking means something completely different – and potentially more hazardous – at MIT.)
- Preemptive Memorial Honors Future Victims Of Imminent Dam Disaster. Speaking of the inevitable…
- Is the glass half empty or half full? As always, a Wikipedian took the time to enumerate the ways you can answer the question. The relativist’s take: Depends how you read the meniscus.