Events that have transpired since this Blog went kaput over two Months ago, owing to the Absence of Spare Time and several Unfortunate Circumstances, in Two Parts.
Yes, the cows have come home: Minh’s Notes is back.
Let that sink in for awhile. I’ve been essentially blogless for over two months, ever since f2o cut me loose ahead of schedule. Lucky me that you’ve nonetheless found this blog’s new location at
notes.1ec5.org (as obscure as an IP address).
Obviously, in the two months that this site has lain comatose, lots has changed in the world, especially in my little corner of it:
- I finish my sophomore year in college by presenting a desktop wiki editor for the Mac, which I dub Floret. Written in Objective-C, language of the Mac, Floret supports just about any MediaWiki installation, including Wikipedia. Although it’s nearly usable, I begin rewriting the core of the program in Python so I can hook it up to pywikipediabot.
- The Tri-State area finds yet another way to prove that it’s behind the times.
- Media Landscape Redefined By 24-Second News Cycle
- I start work.
- Binary marble adding machine 
- Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace – Not an academic paper, but fascinating nonetheless. For the record, the day I visit MySpace is the day the Internet crashes. 
- All Online Data Lost After Internet Crash
- I learn to cook, where by “cook” I mean a jar of Ragú, a box of noodles, and a pot of boiling water.
- 19 Eponymous Laws Of Software Development – Remember Godwin and Postel? They’ve got company. 
There are plenty more links where that came from, but I’ll spare you and save those for Part II, Part III, and Part IV. If I ever get around to it.