Catching up: Mozilla
While I was away on the mission trip, a ton of things happened regarding Mozilla:
- Firefox 0.9 released: The final release of Mozilla Firefox 0.9 is out! There’s not much new that I haven’t covered in my review of the 0.9 release candidate, but there are some bugfixes. Reload the Web. Download Firefox now!
- u.m.o: Along with the new release of Firefox comes a preview of Mozilla’s centralized update system, Mozilla Update. Right now, it doesn’t seem to be handling the built-in autoupdate feature, but that’ll probably be ready in time for Firefox 1.0.
- Thunderbird 0.7 released: A day after Firefox 0.9 was released, Thunderbird 0.7 was released as well. (Thunderbird is Firefox’s e-mail/newsgroups counterpart.) The new version is smaller and faster, and it now uses the new Extension and Themes Managers that Firefox has. Reclaim your inbox! Download Thunderbird now!
- Mozilla 1.7 released: Mozilla’s flagship/namesake product, Mozilla, has reached version 1.7. This release includes improvements to Mozilla Mail, ChatZilla, and popup blocking.
- Retheming Sunbird: The developers of Mozilla Sunbird are looking for a new theme. I wonder why they aren’t contacting the makers of the Winstripe theme .
If you thought that was alot, just wait for my update on Wikipedia goings-on…