Last month, I complained that Community world hadn’t been updated in ages, and it was falling apart. Well, I’m happy to say that, with the release of Adobe® Atmosphere™ Build 91, DaveR recently renovated the world. Unfortunately, this was a turn for the worse:
- DaveR made the handsome statue in the center of the world spin.
- On top of that, he also made that statue alternate between the statue and a rotating billboard every ten seconds or so.
Now, I was already disappointed when he added billboards to the top of every building, degrading the otherwise beautiful atmosphere there. Now, I was already disappointed again when he replaced the quaint, Itailianate park setting with a more modern, common street setting. And, now this. I’m almost to the point of being fed up. “But there’s more!” as an obnoxious salesperson would say:
- DaveR placed a toolbox on top of a bench. That’s okay with me, as the construction theme has been a part of Community since the day of its establishment.
- The trouble is, along with the toolbox came a dancing broom and hammer. Let me repeat that. A dancing broom and hammer. Can you tell what’s wrong yet? Must we play Sesame Street’s famous “What doesn’t belong?” game? A little humor isn’t bad, but I think DaveR could’ve done a little better than that, no?
- Some new storefronts have finally been added to both parts of Community. The old Community circle has gained HS Worlds, and the new Community “slum”, which is what I think of the secondary part of Community as, has gained the “Nequiem Mining Co.”.
Well, at least Havoc HomeWorld’s future looks bright. ;^)